Dell to unveil new tablet at Gitex Shopper
Dubai, March 28, 2013
Dell will introduce its latest consumer tablet in the Middle East, the XPS 10, during the upcoming Gitex Shopper Spring 2013, a leading consumer electronics show in Dubai.
The event is running from April 3 to 6 at Dubai World Trade Centre.
Dell will also showcase its portfolio of Windows 8 touch screen devices available in the Middle East in 2013 including the XPS 12 convertible Ultrabook, XPS One 27 All-in-One desktop, Inspiron 15z Ultrabook and the Inspiron 15R and Inspiron 15 laptops.
“Dell remains on the forefront of designing the industry’s best range of PCs to meet the diverse needs of its customers. Whether that’s businesses concerned with security and manageability or tech-savvy consumers interested in a new device for both personal and business use,” said Pearce Clune, marketing director, EMEA Product Strategy.
“At Gitex Shopper, visitors will see how Dell’s exciting new XPS and Inspiron portfolio addresses Middle East business and consumers diverse needs, and is a key catalyst in making new touch-based computing experiences a reality.”
Attendees at Gitex Shopper will be given the opportunity to interact with the following newly available models from the popular XPS and Inspiron lines through Dell’s retail partners, Jacky’s, Jumbo, E-MAX, Sharaf DG and E-City.
The HD multi-touch display of the XPS 10 with split screen capability is ideal for multitasking complete with an optional mobile keyboard dock featuring a full-sized keyboard and touchpad for easy typing, file management and browsing, ports and stereo speakers for expert sound quality, and an extra battery for maximum productivity, a statement said.
The XPS 10 is powered by Microsoft Windows RT and dual-core ARM architecture.
The XPS 12 is two devices in one: a fully-featured laptop that easily becomes a fully-featured touch-powered tablet.
The unique flip hinge touchscreen display is elegant and innovative; and transitions between laptop and tablet mode with a simple flip. When in tablet mode, the display completely covers the keyboard, protecting it from dirt and spills. The vibrant Full HD display provides 90 per cent more pixels than a standard HD display for an exceptionally crisp viewing experience.
The award-winning XPS One 27 All-in-One desktop is designed for creative enthusiasts, with a high-resolution display and performance graphics for multimedia creation and entertainment.
Dell is also introducing the Inspiron 15z Ultrabook at Gitex Shopper. The Ultrabook has an optional touchscreen interface and packs loads of features, perfect for those who want ‘more’ – more display, more entertainment options, and more processing power.
The redesigned Inspiron 15R features a 17 per cent thinner chassis and is 15 per cent lighter than previous models. The device comes packed with new features including a 10-key number pad and a multi-gesture trackpad.
The Inspiron 15 enables users to experience hands-on interactivity with optional touch functionality. Starting at about one-inch thin, the Inspiron 15 is sleek and portable; and its textured lid and palm rest design makes it as stylish as it is mobile, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices