Samsung Galaxy S sales top 100m units
Dubai, February 14, 2013
Samsung Electronics said it was achieved a major milestone with the successful sale of more than 100 million units of its Galaxy S series smartphones.
The company said the demand for its Galaxy S, S Duos, SII and S III smartphones had been growing by the day.
“We are proud of the outcome and support given to the Galaxy S series among users, the series continues to be a favorite with customers around the world for what it provides of innovative yet intuitive technologies in the Smartphone world," said Samsung Levant president Bumsuk Hong.
"This accomplishment we are celebrating today is only the threshold to what we plan to provide our customers with innovative products and technologies that continues to supersede their needs and expectations," he added.
Samsung, he said, not only produce and develop devices and technologies, but also make smartphones intuitive and easy to use, "in addition to outstanding and clear monitor display that enriches users’ experience while viewing photos and videos elevating it to a new level with dazzling screens and a sleek and modern design."
Samsung began its journey with the Galaxy series after producing the its S smartphone that sold more than 24 million units worldwide.
Of these, 10 million were sold in the first seven months after the launch in June 2010, followed by the second edition, Galaxy SII launched during May of 2011.
The SII sold more than 10 million units in the first five months of its release to the market and sold more than 40 million units on a global scale, said Hong.
Samsung then went on to harvest its success with the Galaxy series to ensure its leadership in producing smartphones after launching the SIII that elevated the users’ experience to a whole new level, the official stated.
"This 'designed for humans, and inspired by nature' Smartphone, swept the markets to achieve 20 million units sale within the first 100 days of its launch to become the fastest selling Smartphone to this day, on the continuous success S III sold more than 40 million units around the globe," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder