Canon launches new large format MFP
Dubai, January 17, 2013
Canon Middle East, a leader in imaging solutions, has announced the launch of a total workflow system ideal for large format printing, scanning, archiving and sharing of colour and black and white documents.
The Canon imagePROGRAF is a new M40 scanner incorporated via an integrated stand, powerful MFP (multi-function printer) software and a large, easy-to-use touch screen interface with dynamic preview.
Incorporating Scan-To-Copy/File/Email/Cloud Connectivity and print functions, the new MFP is designed to meet the speed and precision requirements of demanding CAD/GIS users.
The Canon imagePROGRAF MFP M40 is capable of scanning images up to 40-inch wide at speeds up to 13 inches per second (in monochrome). It uses a new arrangement of Contact Image Sensor (CIS) to ensure images are captured with accurate, shadow-free line definition and at true 1200dpi optical resolution.
Printing at 2400 x 1200 dpi with 4pl ink drop size, the MFP replicates fine lines and intricate detail. In addition, the ‘hot swap’ ink tank technology enables the ink to be changed without interrupting the print job.
Operated by the SmartWorks MFP software via the large 22-inch intuitive touch screen, the imagePROGRAF MFP M40 is capable of batch scanning for improved efficiency.
With a built-in 250GB hard disk drive, support for various file types such as PDF, JPEG and TIFF and the multiple configurations available, users can customise the solution to their exact needs and specifications.
The solution is compatible with five large format printers from the Canon imagePROGRAF range – the iPF750, iPF815, iPF825 and the recently launched iPF760 and iPF765.
Hendrik Verbrugghe, marketing director, Canon Middle East, said: “Previously architects, engineering and construction industries were the primary users of large format scanning and printing.”
“However, as more and more diverse applications have appeared, we expect the market to grow accordingly. We’re seeing increased usage from utility companies, oil and gas firms and government town planning agencies to scan, archive and reprint plans and technical drawings.”
“The Canon portfolio aims to respond to this demand. The new imagePROGRAF M40 system is an affordable option for high quality, large format scanning and printing. It is easy to operate, making it an incredibly versatile investment for any business wanting to boost the productivity of their imaging input to output,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder