Japanese lifestyle brand set for ME foray
Kuwait, December 27, 2012
Muji, a Japanese lifestyle brand featuring a wide variety of household and consumer goods, is getting ready to launch in the Middle East with the opening of its first two stores in Kuwait and Dubai.
Muji will be operated in the Middle East through a franchise agreement between Kuwait-based Alshaya, a leading international franchise operator, and Ryohin Keikaku, the parent company of Muji.
The first Muji store will open in Kuwait in January at the Grand Avenue, The Avenues, with a large 1,000 sq m flagship store. A second, 950 sq m store will follow later in the Spring when Muji opens at The Dubai Mall in the UAE.
Muji is characterised by its design simplicity and minimal packaging. Its unique lifestyle range of over 7,500 products spans furniture, storage and household goods, as well as men’s, women’s and children’s clothing, luggage, stationery and gifts.
Muji is derived from its Japanese name, ‘Mujirushi Ryohin’, which means ‘no label quality goods’. The brand is known for its careful selection of materials and its use of efficient and environmentally friendly manufacturing processes, as well as for its simple look and packaging which have created Muji’s reputation as the ‘no-brand’ brand. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Bossini unveils ‘Winnie the Pooh’ collection
- Dubai retailer MAF mulls $1bn investments
- HTC Desire 600 launched
- BlackBerry 10 Jam in Jordan
- Majid Al Futtaim to buy Carrefour's 25pc stake
- Carrefour to divest 25pc stake in ME venture
- Batelco offers BlackBerry 4G LTE packages
- RedTag relaunches store in Bahrain
- Rasasi launches new fragrance
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One console