Major luxury brands to feature at Riyadh expo
Riyadh, December 25, 2012
Many of the world’s leading luxury brands and services, from a broad selection of luxury categories, will go on show at the upcoming American Express World Luxury Expo in Riyadh.
The event will take place at the palatial Ritz-Carlton, Riyadh from February 10 to 12.
The expo is the result of a new joint venture between UK-based World Luxury Group and conference centre Nayyara Exhibitions, with American Express exclusively selected as the title sponsor.
Sami El Natour, chief marketing officer, American Express Saudi Arabia, said “Our sponsorship of this prestigious event will enhance the exclusive benefits we can offer our cardmembers and invited guests who attend the event. The American Express World Luxury Expo, Riyadh compliments American Express' commitment to service excellence and personalised services for high net worth individuals.”
Ahmed Al Oraij, executive consultant at Nayyara Exhibitions said: “This is an event of true international calibre, one which will continue to grow every year for many years to come, with plans for Riyadh to become one of the world’s most important luxury exhibition centres.”
Graham Cooke, president of World Luxury Group, added: “The Ritz-Carlton, Riyadh positions itself amongst the grandest palace hotels in the world, and our partners Nayyara Exhibitions boast a first-class management team with whom we are proud to work.
“The American Express World Luxury Expo, Riyadh is the only event of its kind in the Kingdom, showcasing an array of luxury brands available in one select venue - The Ritz-Carlton, Riyadh – which provides center stage for this event of over 5,800 sq m.”
The American Express World Luxury Expo, Riyadh will feature carefully selected exhibitors from luxury categories including fine art, high-end jewellery, fashion, hand-crafted time pieces, designer furniture and exquisite table settings, fine dining, luxury executive cars and sports cars, private aviation and luxury travel. All participating exhibitors are leaders in their respective fields, showcasing superior quality and perfection.
The world’s most luxurious atlas, Earth Platinum, measuring 6x9 ft wide, is a collector’s piece that will be featured at The American Express World Luxury Expo. The maps consist of images that are stitched together using as many as 1,000 individual photos and the largest consists of 12,000 photos. Earth Platinum is also the largest-ever atlas and only 31 copies will ever be published.
Abdul Aziz Al-Juwaie, executive director of Golden Caviar, said: “Golden Caviar is a boutique producer of premium caviar. Our exquisite sturgeon’s eggs are created by highest principles creating a delicacy that was known to the Russian tsars as the ‘food of the gods’. We look forward to share our gourmet experience with private clients at The American Express World Luxury Expo, Riyadh.”
Vincent Corver, manager of Steinway Piano Gallery, CDC - Qatar, comments “A Steinway is an instrument of the finest quality and through our association with the CrystalRocked, we are delighted to offer the opportunity to own an extraordinarily distinctive, bespoke Steinway grand piano that is the perfect blend of sophistication and glamour.
“At The American Express World Luxury Expo, Riyadh, we will be displaying a crystallized 1/6 scale model grand piano that will be revealed for the first time ever in the Kingdom. The full scale version is valued at SR12 million ($3.19 million).”
During the event, Riyadh Exhibitors also have the additional opportunity to showcase their craftsmanship in the refined atmosphere of a hotel suite for personal and private viewings.
The American Express World Luxury Expo, Riyadh follows the Dubai event held in January at the Burj Al Arab and continues to Doha and Abu Dhabi, creating an annual signature series of events in all four cities. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder