Steinway & Sons 'CrystalRocked'
1/6 scale model Grand Piano
ME luxury market ‘to grow 15pc in 2013’
Dubai, December 10, 2012
Middle East luxury market will grow by 15 per cent in 2013, against the six to seven per cent growth predicated for the global market, according to a new report from Bain, a major management consulting firm.
The inaugural World Luxury Expo, running from January 15 to 17 at the Burj Al Arab in Dubai will look to make the most of the forecast with a showcase of the world's leading luxury brands.
The invitation-only exhibition will feature a broad selection of carefully selected categories including fine art, high-end jewellery & fashion, hand-crafted time pieces, designer furniture and exquisite table settings, automobiles, fine dining, private aviation, and luxury travel.
Exhibitors will have the option to engage with guests in a variety of unique venues within the privacy of the Burj Al Arab setting. Exhibition options include luxury hotel suites for private viewings by appointment, discreet meetings, or walk-in enquiries.
For main exhibitions, a state-of-the-art double-volume pavilion, architecturally designed specifically for the Burj Al Arab Marina Garden area; this will be known as The Grand Pavilion during World Luxury Expo.
For networking receptions and banquets, guests will be hosted in the Al Falak Ballroom, a palatial, two-tiered, circular ballroom in the style of an 18th century Viennese Opera House.
Heinrich Morio, general manager of Burj Al Arab, said: “The Burj Al Arab is synonymous with luxury and that after 13 years Burj Al Arab has firmly established itself has the world’s most luxurious hotel.
“We are looking forward to hosting World Luxury Expo, which we believe will become an annual signature event for Dubai. Our unrivalled personalized service is a signature of Burj Al Arab and we look forward to extending this to exhibitors and invited guests alike.”
Vincent Corver, manager of Steinway Piano Gallery, CDC - Qatar, “A Steinway is an instrument of the finest quality and through our association with the CrystalRocked, there is the opportunity to own an extraordinarily distinctive, bespoke Steinway grand piano that is the perfect blend of sophistication and glamour.
“At World Luxury Expo, we will be displaying a crystalized 1/6 scale model grand piano that will be revealed for the first time ever. The full scale version is valued at Dh12 million ($3.26 million).”
The world’s most luxurious atlas, Earth Platinum, measuring 6x9 ft wide, is an example of one of the unique collectors’ pieces that will be featured at World Luxury Expo.
It is made up of images that are stitched together with as many as 1,000 individual photos; the largest has 12,000 photos joined together. Earth Platinum is also the largest-ever atlas and only 31 copies will ever be published.
Julian Alibhai, exclusive distributor of Hästens beds in the GCC, says “Hästens is globally recognised as being the ultimate producer of the world's greatest handmade and bespoke beds using only the finest all-natural materials, and has been doing so for the last 160 years in Sweden.
“This combined knowledge has been brought together to create the bed of your dreams. We are looking forward to showcasing our premier product at the World Luxury Expo, the Vividus, which is valued at over USD 100,000, takes 160 hours to handcraft and has been tailor-made for many well-known and respected global icons and celebrities.”
Tanya Atkinson, general manager of top fashion store Harvey Nichols, said: “Harvey Nichols - Dubai has entrenched itself as the market leader in luxury department store retailing and distinguishes itself in every aspect of luxury retail including the merchandise, services, retail environment, shopping experience, exclusive offers and visual merchandising. World Luxury Expo will be a new platform bringing together a collective of luxury brands.”
Following the Dubai edition, World Luxury Expo will continue to the palatial Ritz-Carlton, Riyadh on 10-12 February 2013 and then to Doha and Abu Dhabi. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder