Canon launches new PowerShot, printer
Dubai, December 3, 2012
Canon Middle East has unveiled two new connected products – the PowerShot S110, the latest model in its PowerShot S-series and Selphy CP900, a portable printer – both featuring integrated Wi-Fi support.
The PowerShot S110 features a new capacitive touchscreen that makes it easy to focus on the subject in both stills and Full HD movies, while GPS via mobile enables users to add a location to their shots using their smartphone’s GPS capabilities.
The new portable Selphy CP900 printer allows anyone to print their photos wirelessly directly from various devices such as digital cameras, smartphones, tablets or computers.
The PowerShot S110 benefits from an enhanced HS System, incorporating a new 12.1 megapixel high-sensitivity Canon CMOS sensor with a DIGIC 5 processor, to deliver class-leading image quality in all light conditions and at up to ISO 12,800.
The HS System allows users to capture the true ambience of low-light scenes at times like dusk, while maintaining the realism of colours, rich detail and minimum blur.
Providing great flexibility to capture a range of subjects, the PowerShot S110’s ultra-wide, 5.0x optical zoom Canon lens delivers sharp results even in low light thanks to its wide, f/2.0 maximum aperture. The 24mm ultra-wide-angle is perfect for capturing sweeping landscapes or groups of friends while the 5x zoom allows users to approach their subject with ease and provides sufficient lens compression for beautiful portrait photography.
When required, the 10x ZoomPlus can extend the zoom range beyond the maximum focal length of the lens, producing sharper image quality with more visible detail than conventional digital zoom.
Featuring integrated Wi-Fi support, the Selphy CP900 offers an excellent way to wirelessly print images from portable devices without the need for a computer.
The Selphy CP900 allows smartphone or tablet users to instantly create lab-quality prints of their photos using the free Canon Easy-PhotoPrint app, while any Wi-Fi digital camera compatible with PictBridge via Wireless LAN, such as the PowerShot S110, can print directly from the image preview screen.
Photos can also be printed from a range of devices, including computers, compatible memory cards and USB flash sticks. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder