Omani products on show at Lulu Hypermarkets
Muscat, November 13, 2012
All Lulu Hypermarket branches in Oman are currently showcasing Oman-manufactured products, as part of a series of exhibitions entitled "Omani".
The focal exhibition kicked off in Lulu Hypermarket, Baushar branch, under the auspices of Hilal bin Hamad Al Ahsani, chief executive officer of the Public Establishment for Industrial Estates (PEIE).
Organised by PEIE, the series of "Omani" exhibitions endeavor to promote locally-manufactured products and underscore their ability to compete locally and internationally.
"These exhibitions come as part of a campaign to promote and create awareness on the locally-manufactured products to mark their presence in all governorates of the Sultanate through the commercial centres. We encourage all commercial centres to contribute to the development of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs)," Al Ahsani said.
Al Ahsani added: "PEIE has outlined a marketing strategy for the year 2013, which includes the organisation of more exhibitions for Omani products. Besides, there is an ongoing cooperation between the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, the Public Establishment for Industrial Estates, Oman Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and the Public Authority for Investment Promotion and Exports Development (PAIPED) to allocate more destinations to promote the Omani products within and outside the Sultanate."
He affirmed that the Omani industry is currently marking a good growth as a result of the specifications and the excellent quality of the locally-manufactured products, pointing out that the contribution of Oman's industry to the GDP has touched more than 10 per cent.
"There are a number of upcoming industrial estates and projects, plus significant expansion projects for few of the current industrial estates which will be announced soon," Al Ahsani said.
Hamood bin Abdullah Al Balushi, head of Omani Product Department at PEIE, noted that the Omani Products Expo in Lulu Hypermarkets confirmed the continuity of the existing cooperation between the Public Establishment for Industrial Estates and the commercial centres.
The expo in Lulu Hypermarkets will continue till November 24. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store