HTC launches new Windows phones
Dubai, November 1, 2012
HTC, a global leader in mobile technologies, and Microsoft, have launched the Windows Phone 8X and 8S by HTC today in Dubai.
The smartphones, featuring the new Windows Phone 8 operating system, feature iconic design, studio-quality sound with Beats Audio and top camera capabilities.
“Pairing HTC’s beautiful new phones with our brand is a big milestone for both companies,” said Gustavo Fuchs, director, Mobility, Microsoft Middle East and Africa.
“Together, with the Windows Phone 8X and 8S by HTC, we are offering customers in the Mena region a clear choice and a truly unique experience in line with their desire for the latest technologies.”
“Drawing inspiration from Windows Phone 8X and 8S by HTC, we wanted to create smartphones that clearly epitomize revolutionary technology, creative designs and incredible specs,” explained Jon French, VP, HTC MEA.
“Windows Phone is an absolute industry leader in mobile ecosystems, providing consumers with an outstanding handset that boasts optimal specs and fits seamlessly into their lives.”
The only phone with Live Tiles, Windows Phone has a clear, differentiated vision and the consumer experience has been widely recognized as being groundbreaking, innovative and fresh.
The Windows Phone 8X and 8S by HTC were created to blend the virtual and the physical by utilizing a three dimensional, pure uni-body design based on the Windows Phone Live Tiles.
Neeraj Seth, senior brand communications manager, HTC MEA, said, “HTC’s Windows Phones are perfectly in line with our mission to place the consumer at the forefront of our business ethos and provide them with lifestyle integrated innovation.”
The Windows Phone 8X by HTC will come in a variety of colors including California Blue and Graphite Black. The Windows Phone 8S by HTC will be available in Domino and Atlantic Blue. Both phones will also have language support in English and Arabic.
For the first time, HTC is introducing a 2.1mp, f/2.0 aperture, 88-degree ultra-wide angle front-facing camera that allows up to four people and more to be captured at once. It also supports 1080p video capture.
The Windows Phone 8X by HTC features a 4.3-inch HD-resolution super LCD 2 screen protected from everyday bumps and scrapes by lightweight Gorilla Glass 2, while optical lamination reduces reflections and glare.
The Windows Phone 8X by HTC will be available from November 10, priced at AED 1,999. The Windows Phone 8S by HTC will be available from early December 2012, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store