Lenovo launches ThinkPad X131e laptop
Dubai, June 28, 2012
Lenovo has announced the launch of the ThinkPad X131e laptop, built especially for students with the technologies to enhance classroom learning along with a rugged design to meet the physical demands of school days.
The ThinkPad X131e offers choices of Intel Core and Celeron processors or AMD E-Series Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) for strong performance, Dolby Advanced Audio for rich and resonant sound, HD graphics and USB 3.0 for fast data transfers, a statement from Lenovo said.
The PC’s cover displays a wireless activity LED indicator so teachers know when students are using WiFi in the classroom. Built for education, the laptop also includes customisation and security options for schools’ IT teams, the statement said.
“We know from experience that students are our toughest customers – literally – and for that reason we make it a point to go above and beyond our standard ruggedness features in the laptops we introduce for education,” said Dilip Bhatia, vice president, ThinkPad Business Unit, Lenovo.
“To help combat the extreme wear and tear students subject their laptops to, we’ve designed our toughest education PC yet by incorporating heavy-duty, military-grade features, while packing the device with top of the line technology so teachers can offer students the latest in digital learning.”
The laptop can handle a variety of student assignments, from working with video and creating presentations to managing data and other word processing tasks, the statement said.
The 11.6-inch laptop includes choices of dual core AMD E-300 and E2-1800 APUs with AMD Radeon graphics or Intel Core i3-2367M and Intel Celeron 877 processors with Intel HD Graphics.
It is equipped with Intel processors and also offer the option of including Intel Learning Series Software Suite, a collaborative and user-friendly tool designed for one-to-one eLearning, it said.
The laptop is lightweight, less than four pounds, and has a long battery life of up to 8.5 hours.
The ThinkPad X131e also meets the needs of IT teams with its range of optional services including asset tagging for inventory control, ThinkPad warranty upgrades with onsite repair to provide tech help at school and ThinkPad accidental damage protection which turns expensive out-of-warranty repairs into predictable, managed expenses.
It comes in custom colors and the school can opt to have its logo etched into the top cover.
The ThinkPad X131e laptop will be available starting July. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Jewellery show set to open in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal