Alshaya to open Muji store in Kuwait
Kuwait, March 26, 2012
M H Alshaya Co, a leading international retail franchise operator, has signed an exclusive franchise partnership agreement to bring Muji, a household and lifestyle brand, to the Middle East.
Tadamitsu Matsui, chairman of Muji’s parent company Ryōhin Keikaku Co Ltd, and Mohammed Alshaya, executive chairman of Alshaya, signed the deal in Kuwait recently.
The first Muji store is expected to open in 2012.
Muji (Mujirushi Ryōhin) is a Japanese retailer that sells a wide variety of household and consumer goods including clothes, home furnishings, cosmetics, travel accessories, stationery and gift items.
Muji is characterised by its design simplicity and minimal packaging. With nearly 500 stores across Japan, Asia, Europe and the US, Muji has achieved global recognition for its concept which is achieved through a complexity of thought and design.
Tadamitsu Matsui said: “We are delighted to be partnering with the Middle East’s leading retail franchiser to bring Muji to new consumers in the Middle East. Muji’s strength lies in its combination of great design and a wide range of great value products and we look forward to introducing the Muji experience to the region.”
Mohammed Alshaya added: “Muji is an iconic retail brand that has global appeal for its innovative store concept and product range. We believe its unique proposition will have strong customer appeal here in the Middle East and look forward to opening the first store at The Avenues in Kuwait later this year.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store