Samsung launches new notebook
Dubai, February 22, 2012
Samsung Electronics Company, a global leader in digital media and digital convergence technologies, has announced the market availability of the Samsung Slate PC Series 7 in UAE.
Designed for users in need of maximised productivity in a mobile working environment, the Slate PC Series 7 – based on Windows 7 – delivers the desired performance and productivity of a desktop PC with the usability of a tablet, enabling users to multi-task effectively on a slate with a customised touch interface.
With full-PC power packed into it, the Slate takes mobility to a new level with an innovative touch-focused design that transforms personal computing and enables richer experiences, said a statement from Samsung.
It is 12.9mm (0.5”) thin, weighs 860g, and is powered by an Intel Core i5 processor and with an 11.6” screen. When connected to a docking station, complete with Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, the slate operates as a desktop PC, and it can also be removed and used as an ultra-portable device.
The Slate has multiple input methods including a touch screen keyboard and digital pen.
“The Samsung Slate PC Series 7 takes the laptop a full step towards total mobility - a revolution in portable computing. By combining the power of a PC and the portability of a tablet, the device represents a new era of efficient and powerful mobile computing that will appeal to our Gulf consumers,” said Denzil D’souza, business head of notebooks at Samsung Gulf Electronics.
The notebook functions with Windows 7 operating system, providing users with a greater range of options ensuring optimised performance. It has a battery life of up to 7 hours on a single charge.
The docking station transforms the laptop into a full desktop PC, with all the power and productivity that its Intel Core i5 processor and Windows 7 operating system provides. It replaces the traditional desktop by providing the interface and computing power; it even gives users the flexibility to synch up to a larger monitor for even more efficient multi-tasking.
An integrated microphone and dual 2MP (front) / 3MP (rear) cameras can record audio/visual files, which can be stored and shared via the USB port or Wi-Fi, WiMAX and HSPA connection.
The touch-launcher allows easy selection of applications including Twitter, Facebook, movies, weather and maps, whilst unrivalled media and software compatibility comes as standard with support for all PC-format video and audio content and support for PC games for Windows.
The Samsung Slate PC Series 7 is now available across major outlets in the UAE and will retail at Dh4,999 ($1361.2). - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store