Sony launches ‘double full HD’ camcorder
Dubai, June 9, 2011
Sony Gulf, the leading consumer electronics brand, has launched the world’s first ‘double Full HD’ 3D and the only 3D-enabled consumer camcorder in the Middle East.
Unveiled at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) at Las Vegas earlier this year, the 3D Handycam HDR-TD10 is a feature-packed full high HD revolutionary innovation.
The camcorder employs an integrated dual lens system, which includes two of each key component - double Sony G Lenses, double ‘Exmor R’ CMOS image sensors, and double Bionz image processors.
The dual recording system allows 3D content to be recorded in 1920x1080 full HD resolution and viewed with 3D active glasses on 3D-capable HDTVs or in full HD 2D on non-3D displays.
The 3D footage can also be played back without glasses on the camcorder’s 3.5-inch Xtra Fine LCD 3D touch screen.
In addition to other innovative features, 10x optical zoom incorporating Optical SteadyShot image stabilisation with active mode and iAuto are offered even in 3D mode. It is further enhanced with a 64GB flash memory.
The HDR-TD10 features the “frame packing” 3D signalling method to send data over HDMI by switching between two full HD videos signals, one for the left and one for the right, to achieve a high 3D image quality, a statement said.
The HDR-TD10 provides ultra-realistic stereoscopic effect with optimum distance between each lens. Studies show that the optimum distance between the two lenses of a 3D camera should be in the range of 20-35 mille-metres when compared to the human eyes (roughly 64 mille-metres between the human eyes).
To maximize the 3D depth effect without sacrificing the usability of the camcorder, a distance of 31mm was chosen to provide the best 3D experience.
It is also equipped with new features like ‘Event Browse’ for automatic grouping of content by events, and ‘Highlight Playback & Share’ to create simple highlight reels automatically. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait