Damas unveils Akshaya Tritiya collection
Manama, April 17, 2011
Damas, the Middle East’s leading international jewellery and watch retailer, has launched a large range of new jewellery to celebrate the auspicious day of Akshaya Tritiya 2011.
The ‘Akshaya Tritiya by Damas’ collection consists of 10 new sets.
“We designed our collections for everyone celebrating this occasion in hopes that they will all become successful in their new ventures and in life,” said Gafoor Karat, Bahrain country manager, Damas.
The word Akshaya means ‘that which never diminishes’ and the day is ideal for beginning new ventures as it is believed that all investments made on this day appreciate. The auspicious day is believed to bring good luck and success, and will be celebrated this year on May 6.
The two piece set from the Rangoli collection comes in 22k yellow gold with Rubies and Emeralds set in a traditional motif. The colourful set, which also has bangles and ring to match the complete set, is reminiscent of India’s vibrant life and has been designed by drawing inspiration from the rich culture of India.
The new face of the Legacy collection is the latest pair of 22k gold bangles, which are comprised of yellow gold, with rose cut and uncut diamonds.
The Damas’ Ananya diamond necklace and earring set features an 18k gold necklace studded with diamonds throughout, with one large ruby at the centre of the necklace which is also surrounded by diamonds. The earrings have a large red ruby in the centre surrounded by diamonds, giving the earrings a floral look.
Damas has also designed an artful piece from Navaratna collection, which is an 18k gold three piece set of pendant, ring and matching earrings; each of which contains a purple ruby surrounded by eight precious stones.
Damas has also created a number of other designs for Akshaya Tritiya, which are suitable for all ages, tastes and budgets.
The collections can be found in select Damas stores throughout Bahrain.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia