French footwear brand opens shop in Beirut
Beirut, August 23, 2010
Christian Louboutin, a French designer of high-end women’s shoes, has opened his new concept store in the Beirut Souks, a fast growing commercial and lifestyle centre in Lebanon.
The 1000 sq ft Christian Louboutin boutique on Fakhry Bey Street is divided into two spaces. The mezzanine level offers women Christian Louboutin’s range of day wear and classic styles while the first floor is dedicated to evening wear.
The boutique, which also offers Christian Louboutin’s shoe and handbag collections, is decorated with customized chandeliers, printed cornices using Middle Eastern references, and upholstered furniture pieces from the region.
A gallery wall features an intimate collection of Christian’s private photographs - friends, family and travels through the years give a unique insight into the world of Christian Louboutin.
“The Beirut launch is very significant because there’s a very sophisticated Middle Eastern client who wants the very best in footwear for every occasion and they want it presented a space that resonates with the new world that is fast emerging in the Middle East while staying true to their customs,” said Christian Louboutin.
“The Beirut store is exciting as my clients have the chance to see my life up close and personal – the photos, the facets of the store and the collections have all been handpicked by me with the Lebanese client in mind.”
With the opening of the second store in the region in a joint venture with the Chalhoub Group, Christian Louboutin will continue to expand into the burgeoning luxury goods market of the Middle East, which was initiated with the Jeddah boutique opening in February.
Openings in Dubai, UAE and Riyadh, Saudi Arabia are scheduled for 2010, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices