Info2cell.com sins deal for Gillette SMS contest
Dubai, June 25, 2008
Info2cell.com, a leading wireless application service provider in the Mena region, has entered into a partnership with Gillette for a promotional text messaging contest.
Buyers of Gillette’s deodorant line in the UAE will get the chance to win either a new Dodge Charger or one of 20 gift coupons from Magrabi Optical.
Shoppers can join the contest by purchasing Gillette deodorants specially marked with contest numbers and then texting the numbers to 050-1568618 via SMS. Info2Cell will compile the text messages sent until July 1 into a database, which will eventually be forwarded to Gillette along with customisable software that will randomly select winning numbers on July 8.
“Our collaboration with Gillette again affirms our flexibility and capability in providing mobile services for unique applications and purposes. Our constantly updated communications platform is easily configurable to meet the diverse marketing and advertising needs of today’s highly competitive industries,” said Info2cell.com CEO and founder Bashar Dahabra.
Established in 1998, Info2cell.com is the first provider of value-added mobile telecommunications services in the Middle East. It has since become the leading wireless application service provider in the Mena region, with access to over 28 GSM standard operators and over 85 million mobile subscribers.
Its service portfolio includes SMS and MMS alerts, advanced mobile value-added services, personalised information services such as Alwan, General Packet Radio, Global System for Mobile Communications and Enhanced Data Rates for GSM Evolution, as well as interactive mobile services for television.
“We chose Info2cell.com because of is broad customer base and its ability to rapidly deploy and maintain the type of SMS service that our contest requires. Info2cell.com’s inclusion in our latest product campaign reflects Gillette’s commitment to the use of unique technology-enabled strategies to aggressively promote our brand and reach out to a wider market audience,” concluded Gillette assistant brand manager Wael Jabi. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet