16 sponsors named for DSS
Dubai, May 26, 2008
The Dubai Shopping Festival Office has announced 16 key sponsors for the upcoming Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS) 2008,
The sponsors of the Middle East’s largest summer and shopping entertainment event consist of leading local and regional business houses some of whom have partnered with the summer event since its inception in 1998.
DSS 2008 will go on for 65 days, from June 19 till August 22 under the slogan ‘Catch a smile this summer’.
The sponsors for DSS 2008 are Al Futtaim Group – Dubai Festival City, Al Ghurair City, BurJuman, Emaar Malls Group LLC, Dubai Duty Free, WAFI, Dubai Refreshments Company – Mirinda, Dubai Shopping Malls Group, Dubai World Trade Centre, Dubai Gold & Jewellery Group, Emarat, Emirates Airline, Etisalat, Ibn Battuta Mall, MAF Shopping Malls, and MasterCard Worldwide.
Dubai Airports chairman and Emirates Airline chairman and chief executive Shaikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum thanked the sponsors for their unstinted support since the inception of DSS and praised the continuing co-operation between the public and the private sector that has played a significant role in the event’s success.
“Dubai Summer Surprises is an event that has maintained its unchallenged status as the leading summer event in the region in addition to effectively contributing in exporting the image of Dubai as among the favoured summer destinations in the world. One of the main pillars of the DSS achievement has always been and continues to be the concrete and distinct cooperation between the private and the government sectors,” Shaikh Ahmed said..
“We are at the threshold of the eleventh edition of DSS this year. We have crossed many milestones over the past decade and yet we have only begun. Our ambitions are unlimited, our vision is clear, and our determination is relentless. The future of Dubai is very promising, with endless possibilities of growth in all areas. This growth has instigated us to elevate the quality of our events to match the bar of excellence set by UAE vice-president, prime minister and Dubai ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum,” he said..
“DSS 2008 will witness a major shift in its composition. Nevertheless, it will continue to bring the joy, the smiles, and the festive spirit to the city of Dubai and its visitors from all over the world. As we speak, Dubai’s prosperous economic sectors are each preparing to embrace the colourful event and provide the best services in the region for visitors and residents,” he said.
“With the support of our sixteen sponsors, we are yet again assured of a memorable DSS edition,” he said.. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder