Oman nears BP gas project agreement
Muscat, March 3, 2013
Oman hopes to reach agreement in the next few weeks on the price BP could sell gas from the Khazzan tight gas project for, Oman's oil minister told reporters on Sunday.
"Both the government and BP have disagreements, including gas pricing, but I am confident that we will reach an agreement in the coming weeks for this project to go forward," Mohammad bin Hamad al-Rumhy said.
BP has been haggling over the price it will get for selling gas produced from the project in central Oman to the tightly-controlled domestic market.-Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Forum focus on solar desalination
- Oman launches ME-first solar driven oil recovery
- Kuwaiti oil service workers on strike over pay
- Aramco awards Midyan project to L&T
- Taqa looking at share options
- Aramco seeks bids for power plant
- Qatar sets up $1bn energy infrastructure fund
- Sembcorp inks Oman utilities JV project
- Saudi diesel import set to hit record levels
- $1bn Salalah IWPP opened officially