Oman nears BP gas project agreement
Muscat, March 3, 2013
Oman hopes to reach agreement in the next few weeks on the price BP could sell gas from the Khazzan tight gas project for, Oman's oil minister told reporters on Sunday.
"Both the government and BP have disagreements, including gas pricing, but I am confident that we will reach an agreement in the coming weeks for this project to go forward," Mohammad bin Hamad al-Rumhy said.
BP has been haggling over the price it will get for selling gas produced from the project in central Oman to the tightly-controlled domestic market.-Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- GCC firms consider Occidental Mena stake bid
- Experts discuss Mena energy markets outlook
- Saudi Nov output steady, pumps 9.745m bpd
- Libya lost $7bn to oil strikes, says minister
- Iran to start gas exports to Iraq by July 2014
- Taqa invites banks ahead of bond issue
- Dewa ups 2014 budget by $1.8bn from 2013
- Egypt govt pens energy debt payoff deal
- Qatar ready to invest in Turkey power project
- Asia gasoline margins set to plunge in 2014