Al Rajhi named advisor for Saudi solar project
Riyadh, January 19, 2013
Idea International Polysilicon Company (IPC) has appointed Al Rajhi Capital as financial advisor for its integrated project to produce Polysilicon, ingots and solar wafers in Yanbu Industrial City at the Western Region of Saudi Arabia.
Al Rajhi Capital will provide financial advisory services for IPC's project, including studying the financing alternatives and subsequently applying the selected strategic financing plan as well as the negotiating and signing of the financing agreement.
IPC's polysilicon, ingots and wafers project will be the largest manufacturing facility in the Middle East for the production of high-purity polysilicon with a total capacity of 10,000 tons a year, of which 4,000 tons will be converted into solar wafers.
IPC also aims to support the development of Saudi Arabia’s non-oil based energy sector for the long term through its future plans to expand into downstream production of solar cells and panels, as well as developing and operating PV solar power plants.
One of the leading Islamic investment banks in Saudi Arabia, Al Rajhi Capital has built a strong foothold within the financial advisory services practice and has recently added to its track record the successful closure of key mega transactions in the equity capital markets and debt advisory.
Al Rajhi Capital is the latest consultant to be appointed for this project. Other recent appointments include Technip as the project's PMC contractor.-TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Opec output soars on higher Iraq exports
- S Korea to pay Iran $550m under nuke deal
- Qatar LPG exports will stay unchanged till 2018
- $14bn Bahrain energy sector focus for summit
- Iraq now world's fastest-growing oil exporter
- Old IT systems pose risk to oil firms
- Thomson Reuters adds commodity monitoring tool
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- GlassPoint appoints new Oman director
- Sheffield company opens Dubai hub
- Oman targets big rise in gas output
- Intertek buys UAE firm for $66m
- Qaiwan to tender Baizan refinery EPC contract
- Al Maha wins Oman Air fuel supply deal
- Iran to become top gas importer by 2025
- UAE hydrocarbon projects seen hitting $11bn
- Summit focus on occupational safety
- Aramco names new senior VP
- Siemens gets $253m Qatar power contract
- Taqa-led group's India deal worth $1.6bn
- Taqa-led group to buy India power plants
- Iraq oil exports hit record 2.8m bpd
- Korean refiners eye more Iraq crude
- Dana starts Egypt gas plant upgrade
- Opec oil production hits new high in Feb
- Taqa-led group to buy Indian hydropower plants
- Schneider gets energy management certification
- Morocco moves ahead with $1.7bn wind farms
- Iraq approves power plant investments
- 670,000 oil & gas wells ‘need to be drilled’