Yemen LNG's gas supply pipeline repaired
Aden, November 21, 2012
A gas pipeline feeding Yemen's liquefied natural gas (LNG) export terminal has been repaired, an official from Yemen's oil ministry said on Wednesday.
"The pipeline was repaired on Monday," the official told Reuters.
Yemen LNG, which is operated by France's Total, was unavailable to comment on whether the terminal which has been out of operation since its pipeline was blown up in late October had resumed exports of super-cooled gas.
Yemen's pipelines have been sabotaged repeatedly since anti-government protests last year created a power vacuum which armed groups have exploited.
Residents in the area said that security had been stepped up with tanks deployed along parts of the pipeline that supplies gas from fields inland to the $4.5-billion plant on the coast.
The Balhaf facility, which opened in 2009, has the capacity to supply up to 6.7 million tonnes and delivers LNG, gas-cooled to liquid for export by ship, under long-term contracts to GDF Suez, Total and Korea Gas Corp. – Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Libyan rebels start oil exports, bypassing govt
- Dubai drilling company set for London IPO
- Opec output soars on higher Iraq exports
- S Korea to pay Iran $550m under nuke deal
- Qatar LPG exports will stay unchanged till 2018
- $14bn Bahrain energy sector focus for summit
- Iraq now world's fastest-growing oil exporter
- Old IT systems pose risk to oil firms
- Thomson Reuters adds commodity monitoring tool
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- GlassPoint appoints new Oman director
- Sheffield company opens Dubai hub
- Oman targets big rise in gas output
- Intertek buys UAE firm for $66m
- Qaiwan to tender Baizan refinery EPC contract
- Al Maha wins Oman Air fuel supply deal
- Iran to become top gas importer by 2025
- UAE hydrocarbon projects seen hitting $11bn
- Summit focus on occupational safety
- Aramco names new senior VP
- Siemens gets $253m Qatar power contract
- Taqa-led group's India deal worth $1.6bn
- Taqa-led group to buy India power plants
- Iraq oil exports hit record 2.8m bpd
- Korean refiners eye more Iraq crude
- Dana starts Egypt gas plant upgrade
- Opec oil production hits new high in Feb
- Taqa-led group to buy Indian hydropower plants
- Schneider gets energy management certification
- Morocco moves ahead with $1.7bn wind farms