Saudi Kayan plants start commercial operations
Riyadh, October 1, 2011
Saudi Kayan Petrochemical Company, a unit of Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (Sabic), said it is starting commercial operations at most of its plants on Saturday.
Saudi Kayan has an annual production capacity of over 4 million tonnes of petrochemical and chemical products including aminoethanols, aminomethyls, dimethylformamide, choline chloride, dimethylethanol.
'Kayan announces the start of commercial operations at most of the company's plants in Jubail Industrial City starting from Saturday,' the company said in a statement on the bourse website.
On Saturday, the company started production at its polypropylene plant with an annual capacity of 350,000 tonnes, its 400,000-tonne polyethylene plant, its 260,000-tonne per year polycarbonate plant its 566,000-tonne ethylene glycol plant, the statement said.-Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- 200 firms gear up for Saudi Energy
- Siemens wins $266m jobs from Saudi Electricity
- Forum focus on solar desalination
- Oman launches ME-first solar driven oil recovery
- Kuwaiti oil service workers on strike over pay
- Aramco awards Midyan project to L&T
- Taqa looking at share options
- Aramco seeks bids for power plant
- Qatar sets up $1bn energy infrastructure fund
- Sembcorp inks Oman utilities JV project