Saudi Kayan plants start commercial operations
Riyadh, October 1, 2011
Saudi Kayan Petrochemical Company, a unit of Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (Sabic), said it is starting commercial operations at most of its plants on Saturday.
Saudi Kayan has an annual production capacity of over 4 million tonnes of petrochemical and chemical products including aminoethanols, aminomethyls, dimethylformamide, choline chloride, dimethylethanol.
'Kayan announces the start of commercial operations at most of the company's plants in Jubail Industrial City starting from Saturday,' the company said in a statement on the bourse website.
On Saturday, the company started production at its polypropylene plant with an annual capacity of 350,000 tonnes, its 400,000-tonne polyethylene plant, its 260,000-tonne per year polycarbonate plant its 566,000-tonne ethylene glycol plant, the statement said.-Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Eaton appoints new Mideast GM
- Sustainable energy ‘should be top priority’
- Bapco achieves safety milestone
- Iran, Iraq put Opec on notice of big oil increases
- Iraq, Kurds close to deal on oil exports, revenue
- Kuwait refinery signs up Honeywell
- Alstom to set up Saudi power generation JV
- Taqa's Moroccan unit set to launch IPO
- Shell launches record-breaking gas ship
- Utico to set up coal-fired plant in Namibia