KPC and Vitol sign LNG supply deal
Kuwait, April 26, 2010
Vitol has signed an agreement with Kuwait Petroleum Corporation (KPC) to supply liquefied natural gas (LNG) to Kuwait to help the state meet peak electricity demand during summer from 2010 to 2013.
While KPC is following through on its plans for increasing local natural gas production and providing clean supplies of feedstock for the state's power generation facilities, this four-year supply agreement will help meet demand for gas during the interim period.
KPC believes that importing LNG to meet peak summer demand is a sustainable
solution to help reduce emissions and improve local air quality.-TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Egypt/Saudi grid tenders to be launched in 2014
- Scottish oilfield firm expands in Mideast
- Global oil demand growth 'gaining momentum'
- Taqa targets $20m saving with HQ restructure
- Total seals Oman deepwater drilling deal
- Egypt in gas price talks with foreign firms
- Exxon offers rare Saudi gasoil term contract
- 40 Chinese firms to exhibit at energy summit
- More refinery closures on the cards for 2014: IEA
- Libya’s eastern oil ports likely to reopen Sunday