Top stars to entertain Abu Dhabi F1 fans
Abu Dhabi, October 31, 2013
Yas Marina Circuit has revealed the full line-up for the off-track entertainment at this year’s Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
A new themed approach is set to be showcased this year in the Oasis, giving each grandstand a unique entertainment area, said a statement.
“As this year marks the fifth anniversary of the Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, we wanted to celebrate the occasion by creating a fresh, new, exciting entertainment offering, treating our fans to something extra-special,” said Richard Cregan, CEO of Yas Marina Circuit.
“To reflect this, we have developed a great live entertainment programme of stage performances and roaming acts.”
The main Oasis will have a contemporary Bedouin theme, balancing the rich heritage of Abu Dhabi and the UAE with the country’s contemporary cultural landscape and the modern design of Yas Marina Circuit.
It will bring over world renowned Korean artist Yong Ho Ji to exhibit two of his tyre sculptures in the main Oasis, and also create a newly commissioned sculpture over the F1 weekend. The main Oasis will also host the perennially popular Formula 1 driver autograph sessions.
The acts lined up to play the stage at the main Oasis include mashup artists Bull Funk Zoo, video DJ Mo Tiger, Mugenko Taiko Drummers, songstress Kerrie Anne and performance artists Moto-Stomp, while ticket holders will also have access to an F1 Games Zone and a bumper car arena.
Capoeira artists, jugglers, acrobats, human statues and an acoustic band, will also roam the various Oasis areas.
The South Oasis, located in between the Marina and South Grandstands, will become South Beach for the duration of the F1 weekend. Two temporary beaches will be set up, with the deckchairs, cabañas and a Tiki Coconut bar giving the whole area a vintage beach vibe. Jenny Rossen, a sand sculptor, will be creating a seven to eight tonne sandcastle installation with motorsport and F1 elements mixed in.
The Oasis will also include entertainments including a surf ride, beach football, a beach boys cover band and hula girls, as well as the driver autograph sessions for GP2 and GP3.
The theme for this year’s West Oasis is Automotion, with a number of luxury vehicles on display, including a Porsche 70th anniversary stand. It will also showcase the world’s longest fine art print, created by official F1 Artist Mark Dickens at the circuit’s racing school pit lane.
In collaboration with Abu Dhabi’s Executive Council, the North Oasis is to be transformed into a Heritage Village, showcasing the UAE’s traditions and culture to the world. Highlights will include live traditional Emirati performances on stage including poetry recitals as well as camel rides, falconry displays from the Abu Dhabi falcon hospital, dhow racing, palm tree displays and henna painting.
The entertainment options are in addition to the line-up of after-race concerts, exclusive to F1 ticket holders, with four nights of musical superstars entertaining crowds.
A triple bill of Arabic superstars - Amr Diab, Elissa, and Hussein Al Jasmi - take to the stage today (October 31), rap legend JAY Z on November 1, MUSE on November 2 and Depeche Mode on November 3. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service