McLaren to debut 2 new cars at Dubai show
Manama, October 21, 2013
McLaren Automotive is set to debut two new cars – the McLaren P1 and 12C GT Sprint – for the Middle East market at a major motor show in Dubai next month.
The Dubai International Motor Show 2013 will be held at the Dubai World Trade Centre from November 5 to 9 and will also showcase the McLaren 12C and 12C Spider high performance sports cars for the road.
The McLaren P1 features technologies in aerodynamics and lightweight carbon fibre that enables the owner to drive the car on a race track, then press a button and race it, said a statement.
It features the instant power assist system (IPAS), with a 3.8-litre twin-turbo V8 petrol engine coupled to a lightweight electric motor that produces more than double the power of the KERS unit used in Formula 1, it said.
The McLaren P1 was designed using the same aerodynamic systems and technology as a Formula 1 car, and through a bespoke system developed by technical partner Akebono, delivers braking performance a step ahead of any ‘supersports’ car, featuring the same materials used on the Ariane space rocket programme, said the statement.
The McLaren 12C GT Sprint is a track-only variant of the 12C, which bridges the gap between the 12C, itself fully accomplished on both road and track, and the all-out racing 12C GT3 and 12C GT Can-Am Edition models. It has been designed and built by McLaren GT, the GT race car building arm of the McLaren Group.
Product specialists will be available on the McLaren stand to answer any questions about the cars and the new technologies they are fitted with.
Ian Gorsuch, regional director for Middle East and Africa, said: “We are very proud to be able to showcase the full range of innovative and groundbreaking high performance sports cars for the road to Middle East supercar fans for the first time and displaying all three cars together is a example of how quickly we have grown as a business in just two years." - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners