Nissan sees record ME sales for sports car
Manama, October 2, 2013
Nissan has posted a 32 per cent surge in sales of its sports car GT-R for the period January to August across the region as compared the same period in 2012.
“No vehicle could convey Nissan’s core philosophy of innovation and excitement better than our indomitable Nissan GT-R,” said Samir Cherfan, managing director, Nissan Middle East.
“Despite the nameplate’s presence in Nissan’s portfolio for more than six decades, a convincing direct competitor is still yet to appear which can go head-to-head with GT-R on performance, versatility, exclusivity and value.
“Those who buy a Nissan GT-R not only buy a vehicle, but they are buying into a rich history of automotive excellence; they are buying something which exudes passion, something which exceeds all their expectations of what a super car should be,” he added.
The flagship model of its line-up, GT-R lies at the heart of Nissan’s global brand marketing campaign where it is appropriately featured alongside the world’s fastest man, Usain Bolt: double Olympic Champion, GT-R enthusiast and Nissan’s Director of Excitement.
Known as ‘Godzilla’ by its enthusiasts, the GT-R is known for its all-conquering road and track performance with a top speed of 315 km per hour. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race