Nissan sees record ME sales for sports car
Manama, October 2, 2013
Nissan has posted a 32 per cent surge in sales of its sports car GT-R for the period January to August across the region as compared the same period in 2012.
“No vehicle could convey Nissan’s core philosophy of innovation and excitement better than our indomitable Nissan GT-R,” said Samir Cherfan, managing director, Nissan Middle East.
“Despite the nameplate’s presence in Nissan’s portfolio for more than six decades, a convincing direct competitor is still yet to appear which can go head-to-head with GT-R on performance, versatility, exclusivity and value.
“Those who buy a Nissan GT-R not only buy a vehicle, but they are buying into a rich history of automotive excellence; they are buying something which exudes passion, something which exceeds all their expectations of what a super car should be,” he added.
The flagship model of its line-up, GT-R lies at the heart of Nissan’s global brand marketing campaign where it is appropriately featured alongside the world’s fastest man, Usain Bolt: double Olympic Champion, GT-R enthusiast and Nissan’s Director of Excitement.
Known as ‘Godzilla’ by its enthusiasts, the GT-R is known for its all-conquering road and track performance with a top speed of 315 km per hour. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer