Al Tayer Motors opens Sharjah showroom
Sharjah, October 1, 2013
UAE-based Al Tayer Motors, a premier automobile dealership, has announced the opening of its new Dh200 million ($54.4 million) showroom near the Tasjeel Auto Village in Sharjah.
The new facility, which is located close to the Sharjah airport, was inaugurated by Sheikh Sultan bin Muhammad bin Sultan Al Qasimi, Crown Prince and Deputy Ruler of Sharjah.
Present at the launch were Sheikh Mohammed bin Saud Al Qasimi, the chairman of the Department of Central Finance, Matar Humaid Al Tayer, the board member, Al Tayer Motors; Dr Tariq Humaid Al Tayer, the director, Al Tayer Motors; Elena Ford, VP (Global Dealer and Consumer Experience) Ford Motor Company, Jim Benintende, the president, Ford MEA; Kalyana Sivagnanam, the director - Ford Middle East and Sub Saharan Africa, Export & Growth, and Larry Prein, the MD for Ford Middle East.
Speaking at the launch, Al Tayer Motors CEO Ashok Khanna, said; "The opening of the facility, which is one of the largest in Sharjah, strengthens our commitment to the emirate, and to residents who are able to conveniently access the leading global automotive brands that we represent through this facility. It has been built to accommodate our projected requirements over the medium to long term."
Located on Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road, the facility enables Jaguar customers to service their cars in the emirate for the first time.
A number of environmentally friendly technologies have been used for the water systems, car wash, air conditioning and lighting systems to minimize the facility’s carbon footprint, explained Khanna.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Bahrain motor show to line-up top models
- GM shakes up auto industry, names first woman CEO
- Nissan Tiida named ‘Best Budget Hatchback’
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise
- Gulf traffic expo kicks off in Dubai
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE