Toyota unveils 2014 Yaris in Jeddah
Jeddah, September 29, 2013
Toyota has launched the 2014 Yaris in an event themed ‘A New Star Coming to Town’ in Jeddah.
The all-new Yaris encompasses a stylish and flashy exterior, spacious interiors, enhanced safety features and responsive driving dynamics, said a statement from Abdul Latif Jameel, the authorised dealer of Toyota in Saudi Arabia.
The 2014 Yaris reflects Toyota’s “Vibrant Clarity” design theme, creating an impressive look that is a cut above comparable sedans, it said.
“The features that stand out with the Yaris 2014 are a new stylish look and dynamic performance, attributes you can find in Cristiano Ronaldo when you watch him on the pitch. This is one of the reasons why we chose him as a brand ambassador for the new Yaris 2014, “said Adel Ezzat, managing director of Marketing.
“Cristiano’s engagement with Toyota also stands in line with Toyota being the official automotive partner of the Abdul Latif Jameel League. The new Yaris 2014 is a car for young people and we are glad of the fact that Toyota’s role as the official automotive sponsor of the Abdul Latif Jameel League enables us to engage directly with football fans and the Toyota lovers among them.”
The Yaris will be available with the option of a 1.5 L (1497 CC) or a 1.3 L (1299 CC) engine with the choice of a four-speed automatic gearbox or a five-speed manual gearbox. A new EPS (Electric Power Steering) control has also been adopted which provides feedback to the steering wheel even in a near-neutral position, said the statement.
The available smart entry and start system allows locking and unlocking of the doors or trunk and the engine to be started by carrying the smart key, it said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers