Bentley unveils the new Flying Spur in Dubai
Dubai, September 12, 2013
Bentley Motors unveiled the much anticipated new Flying Spur, a luxury sedan, to VIP customers and media at an event yesterday (September 11) at JW Marriott Marquis in Dubai.
“The Flying Spur has long been a favourite for our customers here in the Middle East, a true icon, which has attracted a loyal following,” said Geoff Dowding, Bentley regional director of the Middle East, Asia Pacific and UK.
“The new Flying Spur is the pinnacle of luxury and refinement with exceptional performance that is synonymous with all Bentley models. This will be an extremely popular model in the region.”
Bentley’s styling team has developed an athletic design for the new Flying Spur that combines traditional Bentley styling cues with a sporting stance and contemporary details. Sharp feature lines complements a muscular rear haunch, while LED day-time running lights, dipped headlights and taillights characterise the front and rear profiles.
The sedan offers touch-screen infotainment, mobile connectivity including Wi-Fi, a Rear Seat Entertainment suite and a new hand-held Touch Screen Remote which allows rear-cabin occupants to control an extensive range of features. An eight-channel, eight-speaker audio system with Balanced Mode Radiators provides high quality sound clarity.
Powering the new Flying Spur is Bentley’s renowned 6.0-litre, twin turbo W12 engine, coupled to a ZF eight-speed transmission, developing 625 PS (616 bhp) and 800 Nm of torque. Power is delivered to the road via all-wheel drive with a 40:60 rear-biased torque split for a sure-footed, engaging drive in all road and weather conditions.
Chris Buxton, regional manager of Bentley Middle East said: “The new Flying Spur maintains the unique character of its predecessor our customers are passionate about yet still achieves new levels of luxury, performance and incredible levels of technology. We have already received many pre-orders for the New Flying Spur and the response from our existing and new customers has been overwhelming. This model is set to generate our best ever year in the region for sales.”
The interior designers have created a luxurious, spacious cabin that dresses advanced acoustic and electronic technologies in exquisite hand-crafted leather hides and wood veneers. The new redesigned front and rear seats trimmed in natural premium-quality leather use a softer yet more durable hide unique to Bentley and available in twelve different colours.
The new Flying Spur is built to individual customers’ exacting specifications. A range of seventeen standard exterior paint colours includes Dark Cashmere, a sophisticated and contemporary addition to the Bentley palette.
The extended paint range of over 100 colours is joined by Damson, a rich hue inspired by the extremely rare purple diamond, and one that is complemented by an optional matching hide colour. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer