Chevrolet Aug sales up 29pc in Mideast
Dubai, September 9, 2013
Chevrolet sold a record number of its Cruze compact cars in the Middle East during August, helping drive the brand’s overall sales 29 percent higher across the region.
Dealers in the region sold 6,434 vehicles, as passenger car sales surged 73 per cent to 3,690, marking August as the best month so far this year for passenger car sales.
Sales of the Cruze, Chevrolet’s best-selling car around the world, more than quadrupled year-on-year to 1,862.
Total Chevrolet vehicle sales climbed 53 per cent year-on-year in Saudi Arabia, the brand’s largest market in the Middle East, as passenger car sales in the Kingdom more than doubled.
Total Chevrolet vehicle sales climbed by 19 per cent in Kuwait, and 4 per cent in the UAE.
Passenger car sales in the UAE grew by 41 per cent compared to August 2012.
“August was an excellent sales month for Chevrolet across the Middle East with another impressive performance by our passenger cars, led by the Cruze,” said Ahmed Soudodi, Chevrolet brand manager for the Middle East.
“With the successful launch of the Impala earlier this year, and the launch the all-new 2014 Silverado in October, I am confident the brand’s sales will grow further.”
Elsewhere in the Middle East, Chevrolet vehicle sales grew by 26 percent in Jordan and 17 percent in Oman. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain
- Bahrain motor show opens today
- Bahrain motor show to line-up top models
- GM shakes up auto industry, names first woman CEO
- Nissan Tiida named ‘Best Budget Hatchback’
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise