Nissan event to showcase automotive advances
Dubai, August 28, 2013
Nissan Motor is marking its 80th anniversary with a month-long showcase of the latest breakthroughs in vehicle technology, sustainability and market expansion by one of the world's leading automotive groups.
The Nissan 360 program will highlight the latest models and engineering innovations in a series of briefings and testing opportunities for over 1,000 media, investors, suppliers, dealers and industry experts.
"Nissan is proud to be at the cutting-edge of automotive technology, with exciting prospects that will help shape the future use, brand appeal and environmental impact of vehicles amid continued global growth in overall vehicle demand," said Carlos Ghosn, president and CEO.
Ghosn will lead Nissan senior executives hosting the exclusive briefings, expected to include significant announcements on new technologies and brand expansion.
Nissan 360 will involve more than 100 Nissan, Infiniti and Datsun cars, as well as light commercial vehicles. These vehicles will be tested on several specially designed courses over the coming weeks at the former El Toro Marine Corps Air Station site in southern California.
The event coincides with Nissan's continued execution of Power 88, the mid-term business plan announced in June 2011 that is targeting 8 per cent global market share and 8 per cent operating margins by the end of fiscal year 2016.
As part of Nissan 360, the company is expected to re-emphasize its ambitions in zero-emission vehicles, where it is the global market leader thanks to the LEAF, the best-selling electric vehicle in history. Nissan has sold more than 74,000 LEAFs, a bigger volume than all other electric vehicle manufacturers combined.
The company is also likely to reveal further plans to build on its strong market presence in countries including China, the US, Mexico, Brazil, Russia and other territories.
Stakeholders attending the exclusive briefings will gain an insight into technologies including safety systems, in-car connectivity and automation - all fields where Nissan has secured industry-leading positions. Audiences at the 360 event will also receive briefings on the brand strategies for Nissan group brands-Infiniti, the luxury premium carmaker, and Datsun, targeting entry-level markets.
The updates come as Nissan is extending its global presence through its long-standing Alliance with Renault, complemented by more recent partnerships in different vehicle or engineering segments with Daimler, Mitsubishi Motors, AvtoVAZ, Dongfeng and Ashok Leyland.
"Nissan is poised for further growth and innovation developments after 80 years of trend-setting in our industry," added Ghosn. "This is an opportunity to celebrate that contribution to a vital business segment, while signaling the very real opportunities we face to transform vehicle usage for generations to come."
Nissan 360 marks the third time since the 1999 creation of the Renault-Nissan Alliance that the Japanese carmaker has hosted a major global event to demonstrate its new technologies, latest models and potential market innovations.
Nissan Motor became the first Japanese car manufacturer to establish a regional Middle East headquarters in June 1994. Nissan operations now cover over 20 countries across the region. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer