McLaren opens Riyadh showroom
Riyadh, August 5, 2013
McLaren Automotive has opened a retail location in Riyadh, its second location to open in Saudi Arabia and the sixth in the Middle East after Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait and Manama.
The opening of McLaren Riyadh, which is also the 43rd global retail location for McLaren Automotive, was hosted by Sheikh Ghassan A H Al Sulaiman, president and CEO of Al Ghassan Motors, the company’s retail partner for Saudi Arabia and Bahrain.
The latest McLaren retail location is situated within Al Ghassan Motors’ new Riyadh facility, located on the main King Abdulaziz Road between the junction of Al Dabab Street and Riyadh Airbase roundabout.
The facility will showcase the 12C, the current Middle East Motor Awards ‘Car of the Year’, and the 12C Spider. The location will also display McLaren Qualified pre-owned vehicles when the program is launched in Saudi Arabia later this year.
A McLaren P1 specialist will also be based in the showroom to meet the needs of customers wishing to purchase the high performance sports car company’s next generation ultimate supercar, of which only 375 cars will be built. Deliveries to customers are scheduled to start in late 2013.
Sheikh Ghassan A H Al Sulaiman said: “We are proud at the pace we have been able to grow our McLaren business in Saudi Arabia and our latest location highlights a vibrant supercar market. Our focus is on continuing to deliver world class customer service, and opening McLaren Riyadh is one step further to meeting the needs of our McLaren customers in the Kingdom.”
“Supported by the groundbreaking supercars that McLaren has already launched and plans to bring to market in the coming years, including the incredible McLaren P1, Al Ghassan Motors is fully prepared to ensure that McLaren continues to prosper in Saudi Arabia,” he added.
Ian Gorsuch, McLaren Automotive regional director for Middle East and Africa, added: “McLaren plan to have 50 retailers around the world by the end of 2013, which is also the year of our 50th anniversary.”
“The achievements of Al Ghassan Motors to date are key to the success of McLaren across the Middle East as we look to establish ourselves as the iconic sports car company. The opening of our new location in Riyadh gives McLaren enthusiasts, prospects and fans the chance to see, first-hand, what McLaren do in a very impressive environment.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer