Dubai Autodrome appoints new GM
Dubai, May 20, 2013
Dubai Autodrome, a motorsport venue has appointed Richard Birch as the new general manager, in place of Hamish Brown who left the company last month.
Birch has been with the company since 2006 and brings a wealth of experience in the motorsport industry and has an excellent understanding of the operational and management requirements of running a successful Autodrome, said a statement from track owners Union Properties.
Commenting on the appointment, chairman Ali Al Fardan said: "We believe he is a perfect fit for this role and will add great value to the team with his expertise and knowledge. We wish him all the best!"
Brown, who is undertaking consulting and project work from his new base in France, has been with Dubai Autodrome since 2003 and as general executive of the venue oversaw the start of the construction phase through to hosting the first international racing event in September of 2004.
Since then he has been instrumental in establishing and growing the facility as a business, a motorsport venue and a leisure hub in the heart of Motorcity. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race
- French carmakers race to reclaim Iran