Transguard driver wins top honour
Dubai, May 15, 2013
Indian-national Raja Reddy Alluri from Transguard Group’s airside services team, has been recognised with the Safe Driver Award, at the recently-held Annual Dubai Airports Staff Safety Day Awards.
Alluri, who has worked as a tractor driver for four years with Transguard, works at the freight gate 2 at Dubai International Airport.
During that time he has had a zero accident rating and has safely avoided any airport driving permit (ADP) violations.
He has also recently won a Silver Najm Award from dnata cargo management for his excellent contribution towards safety at the airport, a statement from an official said.
“The award is a great personal success for Raja and is also testament to the work of Transguard’s IMS team and comes hard on the heels of our Overall Excellence in Safety: Contractor Award, which we received at the Dubai Airports Health Safety Environment Excellence Awards in March,” said John Nolan, deputy managing director of the Transguard Group.
The award ceremony was held to commemorate the 2013 World Day for Health & Safety at Work and recognise the number of safety events held at Dubai Airport.
The event took place at the Intercontinental Hotel in Dubai Festival City. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise
- Gulf traffic expo kicks off in Dubai
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award