New McLaren showroom opens in Manama
Manama, April 18, 2013
The new McLaren Manama showroom was opened at the Bahrain World Trade Center, next to Moda Mall today by McLaren Automotive Bahrain and Saudi Arabia dealer Al Ghassan Motors.
The opening of the state-of-the-art showroom coincided with the Formula One Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix.
McLaren's range of high performance sports cars will be showcased at the luxury venue.
Present at the event were Mark Harrison, McLaren Automotive regional director Middle East and Africa; David Leach, managing director, Al Ghassan Motors; and Mike Flewitt, the chief operating officer of McLaren Automotive Group.
Mark Harrison, McLaren Automotive regional director, Middle East and Africa, said the group is committed to the Middle East market, which accounted for about 10 percent of the company's production.
Bahrain's sovereign wealth fund Mumtalakat is McLaren's principal shareholder.
A new entrant to the supercar segment, McLaren launched its 12C Coupe in the Middle East in November 2011 and the 12C Spider earlier this year.
The company recently unveiled its stunning P1 supercar for the first time in the Middle East in Bahrain. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price