Nissan launches all-new Pathfinder
Dubai, February 20, 2013
Nissan Middle East has announced the launch of the all-new Nissan Pathfinder, defining what the next generation SUV should offer - dynamic design, comfort, thoughtful technology, and a rewarding driving experience.
“All-new Nissan Pathfinder defines the ‘next-generation SUV’ with a modern balance of off-road capabilities with on-road refinement,” said Atsuo Kosaka, managing director, Nissan Middle East. “With unmatched technologies and features, the new Pathfinder delivers the ‘innovation that excites’ to meet the needs of today’s modern families.”
“Our goal for the all-new Pathfinder is not only to be the best in class but also to move the whole SUV segment forward into the future,” said Kosaka.
With the introduction of the all-new fourth generation, the Pathfinder provides an intuitive 4-wheel drive system, and resets the standard for the segment with an unprecedented level of premium style, comfort, fuel economy and thoughtful technology.
The Pathfinder enters the Nissan range at a time when demand for SUVs/Crossovers in the Middle East continues to show considerable growth (29 per cent in GCC), a statement from the company said. With the feature-packed all-new Pathfinder, Nissan is confident of capitalising on this growth and strengthening its position in the off-road segment.
Along with reduced weight, Pathfinder’s new unibody platform provided the designers an opportunity to create the more aerodynamic exterior without compromising headroom or cargo capacity, the statement said.
Moving upscale in appearance, the new exterior styling presents a smart fusion of signature Nissan styling cues and strength. The look is adventure-ready with wheel-oriented muscular fenders and a strong, stable stance, it said.
The new Pathfinder offers the benefits of a modern crossover with the comfort of a larger SUV with its flat floor enhancing interior packaging flexibility. The Pathfinder’s unique versatility is exemplified in the design of the EZ Flex seating system, giving 5.5 inches of sliding second-row seating travel while additionally providing exceptional third row access with a child safety seat remaining securely in place (on the passenger curb side).
The Pathfiner’s engine and CVT combination develops 13 per cent better acceleration than the previous generation while returning 30 per cent better fuel efficiency.
Featuring a 3.5-litre DOHC V6 engine mated to a next-generation Xtronic continuously variable transmission (CVT) the ideal rpm for the driving conditions are always maintained.
The all-new Pathfinder is now available across the Middle East with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price range of $29,750 to $46,000 (prices may vary across the Middle East owing to regional variances in duties and transportation costs). – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer