Mercedes-Benz posts record UAE sales
Dubai, February 3, 2013
Gargash Enterprises, the authorised distributor of Mercedes-Benz in Dubai, Sharjah and the Northern Emirates, has posted a record jump of 22 per cent increase in sales volumes in 2012 over the 2011 figures.
The distributor has been presented with the “Best Ever sales year-2012” award for Mercedes -Benz in GCC and Middle East region.
Gargash Enterprises sold approximately 5,000 units in 2012, a company statement said.
The year clearly belonged to the SUV range as over 1,300 units were sold; a powering 42 per cent increase over 2011. The jump in SUV sales figures can be attributed to the launch of the ML during the first quarter and the recently launched GL in the market.
The used car segment witnessed a 10 per cent growth; with 1,526 units being sold compared to 1,392 units last year. The heavy commercial vehicles segment saw a steady growth of 15 per cent overall.
“2012 was an outstanding year that saw excellent results and growth for our business units,” said Karl- Johan Sandesjo, general manager, Gargash Enterprises.
“Increased demand for Mercedes-Benz coupled with a variety of packages and great after sales and parts services contributed to our success.”
The year saw the debut of the long awaited 2013 7-seater GL. The award winning large size SUV occupies the top position amongst luxury off-road vehicles and is built around the modern Arab family with its seven seats, best in class engines, powerful performance, space, refinement and cutting edge technologies.
“We are focused on strategic planning in each of our business units to exceed customers’ expectations with the right products and attractive packaged offerings. We plan to continue the momentum and make 2013 another record year for us” said Karl.
With the first half of 2013 all set for the launch of the new A-Class and an E-Class facelift; Gargash Enterprises is off to an optimistic start to the year, he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners