Ford posts record 55pc growth in UAE sales
Dubai, January 30, 2013
Ford Motor Company has registered the highest-ever sales growth for Ford and Lincoln vehicles in the UAE during 2012, up 55 per cent over the previous year, said a top official.
“Introduction of new models, enhanced service offerings, refurbished service centres and value-added offers across various models have all contributed to the growth,” added Ashok Khanna, chief executive officer of Al Tayer Motors, a leading automotive dealer in the UAE.
Al Tayer celebrated the record 2012 sales success of Ford and Lincoln vehicles in the UAE at a gathering held at The Meydan Hotel.
Best performing nameplates in the Ford line-up in trucks, large and mid-size vehicles include F-150 with an increase of 221 per cent; Escape up by 134 per cent; Edge by 85 per cent and Expedition up by 58 per cent.
Among sedans, the ever-popular Mustang was the star performer with sales up by 67 per cent; Taurus up 57 per cent; Fusion up 47 per cent and the Focus registered a 27 per cent increase in sales over the previous year.
Hal Feder, director, Export & Growth, Ford Motor, said: “Al Tayer Motors’ commitment to growing the Ford brand in the UAE is truly commendable.”
“Their continued investments in world-class sales and service facilities as well as their dedicated customer service efforts have truly brought the Ford ownership experience to greater heights and further expanded our customer base. We congratulate the management of the company and the entire Ford sales team for their achievement,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Volkswagen’s new Golf GTI launched in ME
- Nissan ME posts 26pc sales growth in FY2012
- Oman 'must adopt smart road technologies'
- BMW launches the new Z4 in Mideast
- Mannai opens Chevrolet centre in Istanbul
- Aston Martin marks centenary in style
- Dubai Autodrome appoints new GM
- Najd Rent-a-Car buys 50 new luxury cars
- New Mercedes-Benz E-Class launched in Kuwait
- Dubai RTA services to go online in June