Ford posts record 55pc growth in UAE sales
Dubai, January 30, 2013
Ford Motor Company has registered the highest-ever sales growth for Ford and Lincoln vehicles in the UAE during 2012, up 55 per cent over the previous year, said a top official.
“Introduction of new models, enhanced service offerings, refurbished service centres and value-added offers across various models have all contributed to the growth,” added Ashok Khanna, chief executive officer of Al Tayer Motors, a leading automotive dealer in the UAE.
Al Tayer celebrated the record 2012 sales success of Ford and Lincoln vehicles in the UAE at a gathering held at The Meydan Hotel.
Best performing nameplates in the Ford line-up in trucks, large and mid-size vehicles include F-150 with an increase of 221 per cent; Escape up by 134 per cent; Edge by 85 per cent and Expedition up by 58 per cent.
Among sedans, the ever-popular Mustang was the star performer with sales up by 67 per cent; Taurus up 57 per cent; Fusion up 47 per cent and the Focus registered a 27 per cent increase in sales over the previous year.
Hal Feder, director, Export & Growth, Ford Motor, said: “Al Tayer Motors’ commitment to growing the Ford brand in the UAE is truly commendable.”
“Their continued investments in world-class sales and service facilities as well as their dedicated customer service efforts have truly brought the Ford ownership experience to greater heights and further expanded our customer base. We congratulate the management of the company and the entire Ford sales team for their achievement,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service