Doha launch for all-new Lincoln MKZ
Doha, January 29, 2013
The all-new Lincoln MKZ made its Middle East debut at the 2013 Qatar Motor Show, marking a key milestone in Lincoln’s reinvention.
“It’s here and we are proud to present the new Lincoln MKZ that will change the game for luxury midsize sedans,” said Paul Anderson, marketing director for Ford Middle East. “We have never been more excited to bring to Qatar and to the rest of the Middle East this new, truly remarkable sedan loaded with innovation inside and out which takes Lincoln to the next higher level.
“The new Lincoln MKZ represents the future of Lincoln in both style and substance,” continued Anderson. “It is proof of our commitment to deliver a new breed of Lincolns for a new generation of Lincoln clients – motor cars that are distinctive, elegant, full of technology and a delight to own.”
The 2013 Lincoln MKZ enters the midsize luxury segment with new offerings:
• It is the first Lincoln created by a dedicated team in its new Lincoln Design Studio
• MKZ incorporates one of the world’s widest-opening retractable glass roofs
• Lincoln Drive Control is an intelligent system that delivers a refined ride and engaging driving dynamics. Standard Lincoln Drive Control intuitively integrates multiple systems (engine, transmission, body and chassis) to deliver totally new Lincoln driving quality
• MKZ innovations include a distinct push button shift gear selector that enables flowing and architectural center console design
• A quiet, well-appointed interior is enhanced by standard Active Noise Control, genuine wood trim, full LCD instrumentation, and SYNC with MyLincoln Touch
The new Lincoln MKZ offers the Lane Keeping System, a suite of advanced driving aids that helps drivers avoid drifting from their lane due to distraction or fatigue. Consisting of Lane Keeping Aid, Lane Keeping Alert and Driver Assist, the system utilizes a mono-vision camera integrated into the rearview mirror to read the lane markers ahead.
Available radar-based (ultrasonic) driving aids further enhance the driving experience. Adaptive Cruise Control and Collision Warning with Brake Support each use a long-range radar system that scans in front of the vehicle, automatically adjusting to traffic speed and providing a visual and audible alert when a potential front-end collision is detected.
Active park assist and Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) with cross-traffic alert use multiple short-range wide-angle radar sensors. Each function provides a distinct benefit, ranging from making parallel parking easier to warning of oncoming vehicles while backing out of a parking space.
SYNC with MyLincoln Touch is standard in the new MKZ. The combined system makes it easier to use the entertainment, climate and available navigation features as well as devices brought into the car (e.g., phones, PDA, MP3 players). Twin five-way controls on the steering wheel manage essential systems, and many functions can be voice-activated via SYNC.
The 2013 Lincoln MKZ comes with a 3.7-liter V6 that produces significantly more power (37 horsepower and 28 lb.-ft. of torque) than the previous MKZ V6 while improving fuel economy approximately 5 percent. MKZ also utilizes a six-speed automatic transmission. Standard paddle shifters mounted behind the steering wheel add to the performance driving experience. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service