Qatar Motor Show to feature 6 new brands
Doha, January 27, 2013
Six international brands will participate for the first time in the Qatar Motor Show, which is featuring a far-ranging array of car brands, latest technologies and trends in the automotive industry.
The third edition of the show opens on Tuesday to run until February 2 at Doha Exhibition Centre.
The newcomers include the Korean auto manufacturer Kia Motors, Japanese Mitsubishi, McLaren – famous contender in the F1 tour circuit, and the German company Brabus. World-famous Italian car designer Bertone will also showcase their latest cars, while the first Arab-designed hypercar will also be shown.
Bertone is celebrated far and wide by world manufactures, with each individual car built a masterpiece on to itself. Each one of their models is meticulously designed and hand-crafted; as a result, no two of Bertone’s models are identical.
The company has chosen the 2103 Qatar Motor Show to celebrate its centennial anniversary. For this special event, four of the most spectacular Bertone prototypes will be showcased; some for the first time in the region. These include the Bertone Nuccio, Bertone Pickster, Bertone Aston Martin Jet2, and the Bertone Jaguar B99.
Looking regionally, W Motors will bring to the show the Lykan Hypersport 2013. The first hypercar designed in the Middle East, the Lykan Hypersport will woo the visitors with its high-performance specs and luxurious styling (which includes diamond-encrusted LED lights).
Only seven of this model will be produced, and each will be offered for nearly $3.4 million.
The 2013 Qatar Motor Show, organised by Qatar Tourism Authority (QTA) in partnership with q.media Events and GL events will showcase brands from across the globe, from family sedans, to SUVs, luxury vehicles, and to sports cars. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week