GM’s December sales top 14,000 in Mideast
Manama, January 10, 2013
General Motors Middle East recorded its second best December sales month ever as dealers sold a total of 14,413 vehicles, up three per cent from the same period last year, a report said.
This was supported by Chevrolet as well as GM's luxury brand Cadillac, which boasted record month and full-year figures, said the report published in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
December 2012 was also GM's second highest sales month last year.
In the Middle East, GM sold a total of 137,955 vehicles in 2012, boosted mainly by sales in GCC countries. Full year sales in Saudi Arabia, GM's biggest market in the region, rose 16 per cent year-on-year while December sales jumped 9 per cent to 7,167 vehicles.
Chevrolet's rejuvenated passenger car line-up, which includes the Sonic small car, the Spark mini, the all-new Malibu as well as the Cruze compact car saw another positive performance.
Sales rose 10 per cent in December year-on-year to 6,730 vehicles while SUV's crossovers and pick-ups climbed 8 per cent to 3,888 vehicles.
Cadillac sales for December increased 9 per cent year-on-year while sales for the whole year climbed 16 per cent to 4,203 vehicles. "I am very proud of the performance of our luxury brand Cadillac which recorded its best sales ever," said General Motors Middle East managing director John Standwick.
"I expect more records to be broken in the Middle East this year with the launch of the new Cadillac ATS and start of sales of the new Cadillac XTS in the first quarter of 2013." – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week