Al Nabooda opens world’s largest Audi showroom
Dubai, November 22, 2012
Al Nabooda Automobiles, the official dealer for Audi in Dubai and the Northern Emirates, recently inaugurated a showroom, which, with 57 vehicles on display is the world’s largest Audi showroom in terms of new cars.
Set to open its doors to customers on December 3, the Audi terminal Dubai spans more than 15,000 sq m across six levels.
Khalifa Juma Al Nabooda, chairman of Al Nabooda Automobiles, Luca de Meo, member of the Board for Sales and Marketing of Audi and K Rajaram, CEO of Al Nabooda Automobiles started the celebrations by pressing the symbolic Audi ignition button.
“In terms of sales the UAE is the most important market for Audi in the Middle East,” said K Rajaram.
“The Audi terminal represents a Dh118 million ($32.1 million) investment by Al Nabooda Automobiles into the future of the Audi brand and delighting our customers in Dubai and the Northern Emirates.”
In a visual spectacle dignitaries and customers watched the story of Al Nabooda Automobiles, its growth in Dubai over the last four decades and its partnership with Audi.
Specially flown in for the event were the Audi R18 e-tron quattro #1 race car – the first hybrid vehicle to win the 24 hours of Le Mans – the Audi R8 e-tron concept car and the 1936 Auto Union Type C classic car.
As a special preview Audi also exhibited the new R8 V10 plus, which will be launched in the region at the end of 2013, as well as the Audi RS 4 Avant and the Q5 PI, which will arrive in the first and second quarter of 2013 respectively. A further highlight of the evening was the appearance of global superstar Jennifer Lopez.
The Audi terminal showroom is the first multi-floor car showroom in Dubai using an extensive array of lifts to move display vehicles to the second and third floors. Audi customers will enjoy valet parking service, an escalator and a panoramic lift, as well as state-of-the-art multimedia technology, including a power wall dedicated to almost life-size virtual vehicle customization.
A total of 1.2 million man hours and a 320-strong team working double shifts allowed the completion of the build three months ahead of time.
The Audi terminal Dubai is the first phase of a Dh900 million investment program that includes the opening of new Audi facilities in Fujairah and Sharjah in 2013. A new state-of-the-art Audi Service Center for Dubai with 60 work bays is planned to open within the next two years, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer