Mercedes-Benz E-Class sales hit 15,000 in ME
Dubai, October 1, 2012
Mercedes-Benz Cars Middle East and Levant has announced the major regional milestone of over 15,000 sales for the latest generation E-Class since its 2009 Middle East launch.
Currently on track for a record year, 2012 sales are up 19 per cent on 2011, the company said in a statement.
Lead by the V6 engine E 300 sedan - representing 54 per cent of all sales since 2009 - E-Class enjoys wide appeal due to its availability in sedan, coupé or cabriolet variants, it added.
Frank Bernthaler, director, Sales and Marketing, Mercedes-Benz Cars, Middle East & Levant said: “In tandem with our 2012 ‘Year of AMG and SUV’ sales strategy, the E-Class is and will remain a key pillar of growth for Mercedes-Benz in this region.”
“We offer our customers an unparalleled range of products in this segment, encompassing a sedan, a coupe, and a convertible. At the same time, the E-Class is setting benchmarks not only for market success and our drive for a record year in 2012, but also with regard to safety, comfort, and efficiency.”
With the E-Class Sedan seen as the definitive Mercedes-Benz, it therefore goes without saying that the brand values of comfort, safety and reliability have all been ingrained into the core of the current W212 model series.
Around a dozen different assistance systems are available to customers, including the standard-fitted Attention Assist system, which monitors more than 70 parameters to determine a driver’s level of concentration, enabling it to warn the motorist in time if he or she is suffering from fatigue.
The E-Class also scores well among customers when it comes to value: It was declared the “2011 Value Champion” as a result of an assessment carried out by Auto Bild magazine and EurotaxSchwacke.
According to the residual value forecasts of the market researchers, a four-year-old E-Class vehicle will have the lowest loss of value in the upper-range segment. The E-Class also consistently ranks at the top of driver satisfaction surveys, most recently the J.D. Power 2012 Vehicle Ownership Satisfaction Study (VOSS) - leaving all other competitors in its wake when it came to customer satisfaction in the Executive Luxury Car category.
The E-Class Coupé is the most sought-after coupé in the executive car segment, the company statement said. The E-Class Coupé was built in the tradition of sporty and exclusive Mercedes-Benz executive coupés.
The E-Class Cabriolet from Mercedes-Benz makes an emphatic statement in the luxury convertible segment. Luxurious comfort and an intuitive interior layout mirror the exterior’s attractive features perfectly helping to make the E-Class Cabriolet one of the most eloquent open air cars available. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners