Three 2013 Ford models win top safety rating
Dubai, August 30, 2012
Three Ford Motor Company vehicles – the 2013 Ford Taurus, Ford Explorer and Lincoln MKS – earned a top safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
These vehicles earned a five-star Overall Vehicle Score in NHTSA New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) testing, which combines vehicle performance in frontal and side-impact crash tests and resistance to rollover.
“Ford offers industry-leading features and technology on our Ford and Lincoln vehicles because of our commitment to customers and their safety,” said Robert Brown, Ford vice president of Sustainability, Environment and Safety Engineering.
“These most recent crash test ratings from NHTSA are a validation that Ford is continuously innovating in the availability of safety technologies that benefit drivers and occupants in real-world accident situations.”
“Ford continues to go further in offering industry-leading features and technologies across our Ford and Lincoln lineups because of our commitment to customers and their safety,” said Larry Prein, Ford Middle East’s managing director.
“This latest achievement is yet another validation of our continuous drive to innovate and offer safety technologies that benefit drivers and occupants in real-world accident situations.”
The 2013 Ford Taurus, Explorer and Lincoln MKS all have redesigned passenger airbags as well as redesigned restraint systems that include safety belt anchor pretensioners and locking safety belt tongues. Explorer also boasts Ford’s first passenger-side knee airbag.
Ford Taurus, Explorer and Lincoln MKS continue to offer a full range of standard and optional safety and driver assist technologies for the 2013 model year including dual-stage driver and front passenger airbags, safety canopy system and inflatable safety belts, among others. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers