Jordan dealer launches all-new Land Rover
Amman, August 28, 2012
Jordan-based Mahmoudia Motors, which represents Land Rover and Jaguar in the kingdom, has launched the sale of the all-new luxury Ranger Rover next month, with deliveries to start from early 2013.
The fourth generation of the unique SUV line, the all-new model has been developed from the ground up, offering a lightweight all-aluminium monocoque body structure that is 39 per cent lighter than the steel body in the outgoing model.
The lightweight aluminium platform has delivered significant enhancements in performance and agility, along with a transformation in fuel economy and CO2 emissions as well as vehicle weight savings of up to 420kg.
In addition to the strong and rigid lightweight body, an all-new aluminium front and rear chassis architecture has been developed with completely re-engineered four-corner air suspension.
While the luxurious ride has been retained, the vehicle’s handling and agility have been significantly improved. The new suspension architecture delivers flatter, more confident cornering, with natural and intuitive steering feel.
John Edwards, Land Rover Global brand director, said: “The new Range Rover preserves the essential, unique character of the vehicle – that special blend of luxury, performance and unmatched all-terrain capability.”
“However, its clean sheet design and revolutionary lightweight construction have enabled us to transform the experience for luxury vehicle customers, with a step change in comfort, refinement and handling.”
“Designing the next generation Range Rover, following over forty years of success, came with a huge responsibility to protect the DNA of such an icon,” said Gerry McGovern, Land Rover design director and chief creative officer.
“Our design team worked incredibly hard to capture the elegant proportions and pure surfaces which have been a feature of the best Range Rover designs.”
“Land Rover vehicles offer unique features, powerful performance and unrivalled luxury, and this brand new model is yet another proud addition to our collection,” Amjad Saeed, general manager of Mahmoudia Motors.
“This Range Rover model comprises one-of-a-kind features that ensure comfort, elegance and an unparalleled driving experience. I am confident that this vehicle will redefine the concept of 4x4 luxury SUVs in the local market, and will be popular amongst our customers in Jordan.”
Amongst the industry-leading innovations is a ground-breaking next-generation version of Land Rover’s Terrain Response system, which analyses the current driving conditions and automatically selects the most suitable vehicle settings for the terrain.
The new model has been subjected to Land Rover’s punishing on- and off-road test and development regime, with a fleet of development vehicles covering millions of miles over 18 months of arduous tests in more than 20 countries with extremes of climate and road surfaces.
The new SUV features acoustic lamination of the windscreen and side door glass, which significantly reduce noise levels.
Designed and engineered at Land Rover’s development centres in the UK, the new Range Rover will be produced in a new, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility at Solihull, UK. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi