New Volkswagen CC hits Saudi roads
Jeddah, June 16, 2012
Samaco, the exclusive dealer of Volkswagen in Saudi Arabia, has launched the new Volkswagen CC, a sedan with the stylish lines of a sports car, in the Kingdom.
The car that made its debut four years ago, it was the first four-door coupé of its kind in the mid-range sedan category. From this niche, a new segment quickly developed – to date, nearly 320,000 people around the globe have chosen the sedan with the stylish lines of a sports car.
They are car drivers who love the charm of a coupé but also value space.
Commenting on the new model, Philip Burrluck, the brand manager of Volkswagen at Samaco said: “It is a technically and visually updated version of the popular business vehicle. It is a model that combines German engineering and style, and is our most successful four-door coupé.”
The CC is powered by an impressive petrol engine with 118 kW / 160 HP (1.8 liter), 155 kW / 210 HP (2.0 liter) and 220 kW / 300 HP (3.6 liter V6) power output, with a dual clutch gearbox (DSG). The six cylinder version (300 HP) is delivered with 4MOTION all wheel drive as standard equipment.
A team led by Klaus Bischoff, the head of design for the Volkswagen Brand, reworked the front and rear body sections of the Volkswagen CC, said Burrluck.
"This has given the VW an even more elegant yet dynamic overall image. New alloy wheels and car colours complement other exterior modifications," he remarked.
In the front, the eye is draw to the new designs of the radiator grille, bi-xenon headlights and bonnet. Optional LED daytime running lights are integrated in the headlight housings.
Even more than on the previous model, the entire area of the new front bumper, headlights and radiator grille exhibits clean lines that correspond 1:1 to Volkswagen ‘design DNA’ styling, he noted.
On the side profile, Burrluck said, although the frameless doors of the CC are unmodified, its side profile shows a new look too.
"Several factors are at work here: in front, the more powerful design of the bonnet – in interplay with the new bumper design – sharpens the car’s silhouette. Meanwhile, the much more distinctively sculpted side sills between the wheel housings stand out; they make a visual connection between the front and rear bumpers."
"At the rear, the bumper now has greater volume and transparency; together with the coupé-like styling of the C-pillars and the very long swept-back rear window, this generates a very special dynamic," he explaained.
Also fitting with this image is the new design of the rear lights; at their lower ends, the lights now finish with a horizontal sweep, said Burrluck.
In contrast to the previous model, the new rear lights have LED lighting elements that exhibit very quick response, economy and long life, he stated.
"The distinctive look of these lights makes the CC unmistakable from the rear, even at night. The license plate is illuminated with LED lighting, too," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week