Al-Futtaim, Dubai Civil Defence ink MoU
Dubai, April 15, 2012
Al Futtaim Motors, the sole Toyota dealer in the UAE, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Dubai Civil Defence (DCD) towards conducting joint training programmes, awareness campaigns and exchange of information.
This follows from a recent agreement that saw Al-Futtaim Motors supply the Dubai Civil Defence with a new fleet of 12 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado.
Alan Carpenter, general manager-Fleet Al-Futtaim Motors, said: “This is indeed a strategic partnership. The civil defence department has been providing noble services for the emirate and we are extremely honoured to be part of this relationship. We thank them for showing confidence in Al-Futtaim Motors.”
This new fleet of Land Cruiser Prado will help provide dependable mobility for search and rescue missions by Dubai Civil Defense.
“This MoU will further the relationship and help enhance DCD’s programmes in spreading awareness on emergency prevention. Land Cruiser Prado is reputed for its quality, durability and reliability. Those characteristics are key to an organisation that relies on dependable mobility to carry out rescue missions,” he added.
Prado comes with the Crawl Control function providing assistance in handling challenging terrains and extreme situations.
The car is also mounted with the world’s first Multi-terrain Monitor. On-board cameras located on four sides of the vehicle – front, rear and both sides – provide the driver with a clear view of ground conditions surrounding the vehicle.
While this function is particularly useful in off-road situations, it is also easily applicable to on-road driving, cancelling out blind spots and assisting with parking visibility. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service