Al-Futtaim to exhibit at motor show
Dubai, November 2, 2011
Al-Futtaim Motors, exclusive distributor of Lexus in the UAE, will be a major exhibitor at the 5-day Dubai Motor Show, the region’s largest and most established motoring event, starting November 10.
The event, which is renowned for connecting the global automotive industry with motoring enthusiasts and professionals, will be held at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre, a statement from the company said.
Saud Abbasi, general manager for Lexus, Al-Futtaim Motors, said: “We are truly excited and look forward to participating in the Dubai Motor Show. This time, we have more than doubled our usual exhibit space, and have redesigned our stand to better reflect the lifestyle of Lexus.”
“The show is exceptionally important this year as it will be the platform at which Lexus will reveal its new face. One the first day, we will be previewing one of Lexus’s next generation luxury vehicles, which will set the parameters for all future designs and performance direction,” he said.
“We promise this year’s showcase to be exceptionally engaging as visitors will not only get to touch and feel our latest line-up but also get a chance to engage with the brand on many sensorial levels. This includes the Lexus Audio Experience featuring the Mark Levinson audio system, a Lexus Art Gallery and a Lexus boutique. Visitors will also get the chance to preview the new F-Sport package that will be on offer with IS and CT.”
This year Lexus will preview one of its next generation sedan vehicles, which will set the stage for the new direction being adopted by Lexus for its future vehicles. There will also be a display of the newly launched 2012 models of CT, IS, LS, and SUV range. The SUV range will include the upgraded RX and GX while the hybrid models will include the LS and the CT, the statement said.
A big introduction at this year’s show will be the F-sport package for the IS and the CT. The package adds to the Lexus vehicles a more dynamic sport-tuned suspension, racing-inspired sport aluminium pedals and a sport steering wheel trimmed in perforated leather. It also features bold design cues inside and out, including a distinctive mesh grille and larger rear spoiler.
Also, exclusively for this year’s show, Lexus will launch F-Sport merchandise including branded golf sets, bathrobes, thermal mugs, T shirts, pens and other desktop items. These items can only be acquired from the Lexus Boutique housed inside the Lexus stand in Sheikh Saeed Hall 2, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer