Toyota models win Consumer Reports awards
Jeddah, April 19, 2011
Consumer Reports magazine has named Toyota’s RAV4 best value sports utility vehicle (SUV), while the Prius Hybrid won top green car for the eighth straight year and the Sienna was named best family hauler.
Toyota also leads all automakers with 20 recommended models out of 26 models tested, a statement said.
“We are especially pleased that the RAV4 is the winner of the best value among Small SUVs category since it is a top seller in Saudi Arabia,” said Adel Ezzat – director of Toyota SUV at Abdul Latif Jameel, the sole distributor of Toyota brands in Saudi Arabia.
“The popularity of the RAV4 2011 is due to the fact that it combines the benefits of a fuel efficient car with the comfort and spacious interior of an SUV, offering a perfect blend between power, fuel economy, comfort, quality and safety.”
The RAV4, an abbreviation of Recreational Active Vehicle 4 wheel drive, is a Toyota SUV with the space and size advantages of a SUV that performs with the efficiency and driving ability of a compact car.
“These latest accolades join the impressive list of awards and recognitions received in recent weeks, giving Toyota an exceptionally strong start to 2011,” continued Ezzat.
“The fact that Toyota is totally dominating the awards season shows the high esteem in which the brand is held by auto industry experts and analysts, which in turn reflects the confidence and trust of consumers throughout the world,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race
- French carmakers race to reclaim Iran
- Bosch plans 110 car service centres in GCC