Toyota models win Consumer Reports awards
Jeddah, April 19, 2011
Consumer Reports magazine has named Toyota’s RAV4 best value sports utility vehicle (SUV), while the Prius Hybrid won top green car for the eighth straight year and the Sienna was named best family hauler.
Toyota also leads all automakers with 20 recommended models out of 26 models tested, a statement said.
“We are especially pleased that the RAV4 is the winner of the best value among Small SUVs category since it is a top seller in Saudi Arabia,” said Adel Ezzat – director of Toyota SUV at Abdul Latif Jameel, the sole distributor of Toyota brands in Saudi Arabia.
“The popularity of the RAV4 2011 is due to the fact that it combines the benefits of a fuel efficient car with the comfort and spacious interior of an SUV, offering a perfect blend between power, fuel economy, comfort, quality and safety.”
The RAV4, an abbreviation of Recreational Active Vehicle 4 wheel drive, is a Toyota SUV with the space and size advantages of a SUV that performs with the efficiency and driving ability of a compact car.
“These latest accolades join the impressive list of awards and recognitions received in recent weeks, giving Toyota an exceptionally strong start to 2011,” continued Ezzat.
“The fact that Toyota is totally dominating the awards season shows the high esteem in which the brand is held by auto industry experts and analysts, which in turn reflects the confidence and trust of consumers throughout the world,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Aston Martin rolls out new Vanquish Volante
- Abu Dhabi group buys key stake in British F1 team
- Tyre safety awareness campaign held
- Nissan tops 2013 green brand list
- Qatar Holding sells 10pc stake in Porsche
- Harley-Davidson rolls out 'Breakout'
- Abu Dhabi revs up for major British GP sell
- McLaren, Xbox offer 'ride of a lifetime'
- Arabian Auto offers custom Nissan plan
- Mazda opens new showroom in Doha