Porsche wins 3 awards at MEMA
Dubai, October 21, 2010
German automaker Porsche has won three awards for its cars at the recent Middle East Motor Awards (MEMA) in Sharjah.
The MEMA ceremony took place at the Expo Centre Sharjah on the opening day of the 10th Sharjah International Automobile Show, held from October 14 to 18.
Porsche’s Cayman S, the 320 hp, six-cylinder mid-engine sports car, won the “Best Sports Car” award, while the 911 Turbo took the honours in the “Best Premium Sports Car” category.
Porsche’s new four-door Gran Turismo, the Panamera, emerged as the overall winner for the “Best Luxury Sports Saloon Car”.
The first award for Porsche was handed over by Mohammed Ben Sulayem, sporting ambassador for the Arab World, to Deesch Papke, managing director of Porsche Middle East and Africa.
“It is such an honour to receive three awards for our exceptional products from an admirable personality such as Mohammed Ben Sulayem,” said Papke.
“I sincerely thank the jury for nominating and choosing three of our cars as leaders in their respective categories. It is always been our philosophy that our models should be benchmarks in their segments and it is fantastic to see that the jury of experts has experienced our cars in the same way,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Dubai Autodrome appoints new GM
- Najd Rent-a-Car buys 50 new luxury cars
- New Mercedes-Benz E-Class launched in Kuwait
- Dubai RTA services to go online in June
- Mercedes-Benz Kuwait launches service week
- New Jaguar F-TYPE makes UAE debut
- Yas Marina offers 5 AMG driving experiences
- Transguard driver wins top honour
- UAE Renault sales goes up 49pc
- Al Majid opens 2 KIA showrooms