Chevrolet Cruze wins ME motor award
Dubai, October 17, 2010
The Chevrolet Cruze drove away with the award for Best Small Saloon Car at the Middle East Motor Awards 2010, which was run in parallel with the 10th International Auto Show in Sharjah.
From a line-up of nine, the Cruze was selected by a well respected and experienced panel of judges as the leader of it class.
“We’re extremely proud of the Cruze and to have it recognized by this distinguished jury panel further increases its credibility in the region. We hope that many more of you will have chance to enjoy the driving experience that the Chevrolet Cruze offers,” stated Mahmoud Samara, regional sales manager for UAE, Qatar & Oman.
Elsewhere in the awards, Chevrolet received shortlisted nominations for the Tahoe as Best SUV, Tahoe Hybrid as Best SUV Hybrid, and the Camaro SS for Best Sports Car.
The Cruze's interior is available in two trim levels in the Middle East and carries a new level of detailed execution, spaciousness and appointments that stand above any other competitor in the segment, he added.
The Cruze features a 1.8-litre, DOHC 4-cylinder gasoline engine delivering 140 hp with transmission choices that include a five-speed manual gearbox and an all-new 6-speed automatic transmission, offering a smoother ride and greater fuel efficiency than any of its peers.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan Tiida named ‘Best Budget Hatchback’
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise
- Gulf traffic expo kicks off in Dubai
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid