Chevrolet Cruze wins ME motor award
Dubai, October 17, 2010
The Chevrolet Cruze drove away with the award for Best Small Saloon Car at the Middle East Motor Awards 2010, which was run in parallel with the 10th International Auto Show in Sharjah.
From a line-up of nine, the Cruze was selected by a well respected and experienced panel of judges as the leader of it class.
“We’re extremely proud of the Cruze and to have it recognized by this distinguished jury panel further increases its credibility in the region. We hope that many more of you will have chance to enjoy the driving experience that the Chevrolet Cruze offers,” stated Mahmoud Samara, regional sales manager for UAE, Qatar & Oman.
Elsewhere in the awards, Chevrolet received shortlisted nominations for the Tahoe as Best SUV, Tahoe Hybrid as Best SUV Hybrid, and the Camaro SS for Best Sports Car.
The Cruze's interior is available in two trim levels in the Middle East and carries a new level of detailed execution, spaciousness and appointments that stand above any other competitor in the segment, he added.
The Cruze features a 1.8-litre, DOHC 4-cylinder gasoline engine delivering 140 hp with transmission choices that include a five-speed manual gearbox and an all-new 6-speed automatic transmission, offering a smoother ride and greater fuel efficiency than any of its peers.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners